EOD PROTECTIVE SUIT FOR MINE CLEARANCE
The EOD protective suit contains: the protective suit that should protect most of the operator’s body (head, torso, upper limbs, lower limbs) against mine explosion effects (pressure, shrapnel / fragments, impact, local fire) and protective footwear that must protect de operator’s feet against mine explosion effects by increasing the distance from the mine on foot and by adding a resistance plate / deflector.
Ballistic protection features
– Protection for the shock wave overpressure: to ensure a minimum 60% shock wave attenuation;
– Protection for shrapnel/fragments: to ensure a protection for standard shrapnel (FPS 1,1g) with the following V50 minimum values for all the suit components (according to STANAG 2920):
List of components
Jacket (vest) – without supplementary plates
Jacket (vest) – with supplementary plates
- AEODP-07 – EOD Equipment Requirements
- AECTP 200 (3rd edition)
STANAG 2920 – Ballistic Test Method for Personal Armor Materials and Combat Clothing
MECHANICAL AND CLIMATIC REQUIREMENTS
- Operating temperature range
(-30°C – +50°C)
- Storage temperature
(-33°C – 71°C)
- The product shall comply with AECTP on impact strength, vibration and atmospheric conditions.
Protection against impact
The helmet should protect the head to acceleration/deceleration, to the ground impact or other obstacle; minimum attenuation 300g.
Protection against flames
The product is made from materials resistant to heat and fire.
– ensures protection against effects of different type of anti-personal mines (minimum resistance to material fragmentation to be minimum 450 m/s);
– distance from soil to feet: at least 120mm;
– allows a tight closing on operator’s boot;
– has fix or removable elements for movement on sandy soil.
Main features of complete suit
– total weight: maximum 25 kg
– the material that is made from is: heat resistant (min. 360°C), flame resistant, antistatic and washable
– the exterior collar and the ballistic visor are matched as they ensure a full protection of the operator’s neck
– the supplementary plates are made from non-magnetic materials
– is provided with tight and fast opening/closing system so that the operator can put on the costume in under 5 minutes and quickly undress it in case of danger
– is adjustable for different sizes, depending on requirements
– is flexible, to ensure mobility and comfort corresponding to specific tasks by the operator